WHY WORK HERE?
Looking for a career with a higher purpose that you feel more connected to?
Helixstorm is the leading technology services provider in the Temecula Valley. We’re the IT department for businesses, we just sit in a different building. We provide unmatched help desk support, specialize in risk & compliance management, and we keep computer networks fast, healthy, and happy. We align technology to support business strategy. As applications continue to head to the cloud, security and management concerns increase. We’re the technology partner that keeps our clients relevant and secure. Most importantly, our clients have access to a complete set of resources that are dedicated in helping them solve challenges.
Technology can be frustrating. Helixstorm delivers solutions.
Our mission is to: BRING VALUE TO YOUR LIFE AND OTHERS
We focus on enjoying life by ensuring each member of our internal team is aligned with their personal and career goals, learning every day and thriving in our culture. This results in an atmosphere where everyone enjoys their daily work. With a strong, productive and happy internal team, we are able to add value to our client’s lives and help support and grow their business to new levels.
- Tech Playground – If you love technology, you are home
- Flexible schedule – It’s all about work/life balance. Both get demanding
- Healthy Competition – Table Tennis Tournaments
- Excellent health benefits – Great options, coverage, and contribution
- Team events – Quarterly celebrations, conferences, team lunches, and happy hours
- Free fare – Unlimited snacks, drinks, healthy food, and such
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
The Help Desk Technician is responsible for the professional and timely resolution of requests for support from Helixstorm managed services customers. The support services will range in complexity with the typical request focused on workstation operating systems, software applications, connectivity, and printing as examples.
KEY ELEMENTS OF THE ROLE:
The primary responsibility of the Help Desk Technician is to receive and resolve Helixstorm managed services clients support requests while ensuring the requestors’ satisfaction with the resolution.
- Provide IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Support and facilitate disaster recovery solutions.
- Deliver technical support as the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls and security.
- Provide remote access solution implementation and support: VPN Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Review and report on the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- Maintain system documentation and review in ConnectWise system.
- Communicate with customers keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
- Build effective rapport with customers by understanding their IT needs and providing effective resolutions to challenges and concerns.
- Identify and resolve root cause customer issues.
- Continually strive to improve customer service, perception and overall customer satisfaction.
- Promote fast and efficient solutions to customer requests.
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support in a timely manner.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and by asking pertinent questions.
- Clearly walk the customer through the problem-solving process.
- Enter all work as service tickets into ConnectWise system timely and proficiently.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned.
LEVEL OF EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE OR SKILL SET:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA/ BS, preferably in computer science or related field or equivalent.
- One year of experience providing IT support in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Developed understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Excellent organizational skills; enthusiasm for multi-tasking.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing. The ability to demonstrate active listening and customer care.
- Technical awareness; the ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- A solid understanding of the organization’s key services and proactively seeking ways to meet customer needs to provide positive resolution.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and analyzes problems, sorts through information to identify accuracy, evaluates solutions and alternatives, resulting in making effective recommendations.
- Customer Satisfaction – Provides and delivers professional, helpful, high quality service and assistance to ensure customer’s needs are met and exceeded.
- Results Driven – Creates and drives a culture that is solutions focused, builds cooperation, encourages teamwork and resolves conflict effectively.
- Building Coalitions – Builds partnerships, collaborating and leveraging team talent to meet and exceed team and company goals. Works with other department, contractors and staff to ensure excellent customer service.
GOALS FOR THIS ROLE:
- To provide the best customer experience by resolving issues timely and professionally.
- To ensure accurate tracking of customer requests.
- Effectively communicate escalate customer issues to team and leader.
* Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Health, vision and dental benefits included.
- Performance-based incentives.
- Full-on job training & support.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
Only local candidates need to apply. The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Paid Time Off
Waiting period may apply
Only full-time employees eligible
Monday to Friday
IT Help Desk: 1 year (Preferred)
Microsoft Office 365: 1 year (Preferred)
IT or related: 1 year (Preferred)
Temecula, CA 92590 (Temporarily Remote due to COVID-19)
The company provides masks and hand sanitizers and is ensuring at least 6-feet distancing. Additionally, the company has regular deep cleaning and disinfecting, plus the HVAC has been cleaned and replaced with new filters.